Sunday, October 15, 2006

This is closer to sexy.

You're early she cooed with black lined
eyes, inviting me politely
beneath the yellow lamplight
pavement dark and slick with rain shined
as the lamp post sputtered brightly

An icy wind began blowing
so I pulled my collar closer
and she placed her lips by my ear
You're looking awfully fetching
and I believe I've got what you're after

Dirty dollars I gave her
and back to the brothel we went
above a smoky bar she bared
herself, her soiled dress
under the earthy bed we had shared

Unexpectedly she cried out,
her body went suddenly limp
her skin was still warm as I took
my hands from round her rosy throat
and from her still hands I recovered
the dollars I'd spent.

2 comments:

cobaltgrc said...

Oooo, me likes.

Peter said...

I am unmasking this journal as the purview of not one April Josephine, but in fact of Colin Meloy. *unmasks Colin Meloy*

April aka Colin: "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you eloquent, quasi-maudlin kids!"

I'm just going to let the comparison stand for itself as a compliment.